Monday, September 05, 2005

RE: DAPO ADU : BREAKING THE SILENCE - A RESPONSE


By Ayo Oguntuase

Oladapo,
I must admit I was really thrilled with this write-up of yours.

I have never known you to be the kind of person to be interested in the development of Chess back home in Naija, but with this write up of yours its good to know that someone like you still cares about Nigerian Chess.

I have had this idea on my mind ever since but there was really no motivating force, with your suggestions and questions, I see you are interested in Chess development in Naija.

We are both from Ekiti State of Nigeria, let us start by even contributing to the development of Chess in that state by buying Chess Equipment and materials to the sports council and see that a good team is represented at the next National Sports Festival taking place at the Gateway State in 2006.

At least I know five active Chess players who are presently abroad from Ekiti State namely; Adebola Dada (B.D) he coached you at the Chess Olympiads held in Elista in 1998, Ayodeji Ogunmoriyele, Ayokunle Aladeselu both went to Christ's School, Ado-Ekiti your high school Alma Mater, there is you and also my humble self.

I believe if the five of us (for a start) put our ideas and little resources together we can make a huge difference to Chess even in our beloved Ekiti State in particular and Naija in General.

So I want to believe that you would want to back up your ideas with action.

So I believe we can talk more of this over the phone if you are really and genuinely interested in helping out Chess back in Naija. You can give me a call any time as from 10:30pm Eastern Time during the week or anytime during the weeknd.

Cheers
Ayula
Houston, Texas

No comments: